Here we are, already at the end of the regular season for Boise State Football. It’s gone by fast, and it’s another 10-win season for the Boys in Blue.
After their victory against Utah State on Saturday there hasn’t been too much shifting in the bowl projections, but a lot could change over the next week leading up to the bowl announcements.
Before we go over the projections, there is a chance that Boise State could still end up in a big bowl. For the Group of 5 to be represented in one of the big bowls they have to be the highest-ranked Group of 5 to win their conference championship.
There is a scenario where No.9 UCF could lose the American Athletic Conference Championship to Memphis, still be the highest ranked Group of 5 team and not be the representative. UCF defeated Memphis earlier in the year 31-30.
UCF will be without their starting QB due to a season-ending injury.
This would most likely lead to a scenario where the winner of the Boise State – Fresno State game could decide who would be the Group of 5 representative.
With that in mind, things could change quite a bit. Boise State can only control what is in front of them and that is Fresno State this coming Saturday night.
Boise State Bowl Projections
- SBNation has Boise State projected against Marshall in the New Mexico Bowl.
- Sports Illustrated projects Boise State vs Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl.
- College Football News projects Boise State vs California in the Las Vegas Bowl.
- ESPN has two projections. First one is against Stanford in the Las Vegas Bowl. The other is against TCU in the Cheez-It Bowl.
- CBS Sports has Boise State facing California in the Las Vegas Bowl.