Last Week Was Good
- Last week turned out pretty good. Nearly all the teams who I wanted to lose and were vulnerable lost.
- BYU lost to Washington and dropped from the top 25. I danced over that one.
- Texas Tech lost to West Virginia and Tech dropped from the Top 25.
- VTech beat Duke and Florida beat Sippy. Those were ones I thought could happen.
- Also, Oregon beat Cal. The game made little difference. Whoever lost was going to drop from the top 25.
So what’s next?
This Week’s Losers List
- VTech squares off against Notre Dame. That’s an easy one. After this weekend, VTech drops from the top 25.
- Kentucky is ranked 13th. It’s about time for them to start folding like a cheap lawn chair. It starts this weekend with Texas A&M.
- No. 21 Colorado is 4 and 0. That’s way over their head. They play Arizona State. Arizona State beat Michigan State and lost by only seven to Washington. Colorado will fall to Arizona State and fall behind Boise State.
- Here is one I’m going out on a limb for—Oklahoma State and Iowa State. The Cyclones have played some tough opponents and none have been able to really dominate them. They lost to TCU 17-13, Oklahoma 37-27, and Iowa 13-3. Amazingly, Oklahoma State may drop behind the Broncos. That’s what I call justice.
- Of course, any upset we welcome, except our own. These are the ones that are possible and will have the biggest impact on where the Broncos will be ranked next week.